Wednesday, December 2, 2015

More on the Makete Kai

More on the Makete

On Friday the 27 of November it was the Makete Kai day.


I raced down stairs, put on my clothes and got ready for school. Once we were ready for the Makete Kai Robbie, mum, and I walked school. When we got to school I raced to class.
But the class wasn't there. Where was the class?
They were all outside getting ready for the Makete Kai.
Yay! I smelt all the interesting smells there were at the Makete Kai. I ate a lot of things, but the last thing I ate was the Hangi.
It was delicious!

I heard everybody was chatting and talking, It was like I couldn't hear anything at all. I also heard lots of people buying food and selling soft toys. I bought a lot of stuff, l like food and other stuff like that. I felt so very spoilt.

         By Olivia L

Makete Kai Report
Last Friday our   school had a Makete Kai. We sold all sorts of things and some food was home made. We saw stalls everywhere. They sold drinks and food and stuff. The year 7 and 8s had such awesome stuff! The stalls sold different things like plants and soap and food.
The weather was sunny after it looked like rain. The afternoon was warm and after a cold morning.
They had games like splat the rat and mini golf. The games were fun to do.

I was on the game Hit the Target. We had to work really fast. Some people kept coming back for another turn. We let them have another turn. The looks on people’s faces were happy. The bean bags from Hunter’s and my stall were going everywhere, even thrown over the goal post.
Some people were going crazy for another turn. People were waiting in a line waiting to have a turn.

Hunter said “Wait here until I get back!”
 “But why?” I asked.
“Because I am going to get something. “
I said “Ok! come back in one second.”
“ok!” he said “Give me 2 minutes!” ok I said ok.
Hunter ran down to the courts leaving me by myself.

Then Mrs King came up and said   “Kyan and Aston’s turn now.”  I walked to the courts and got a hot dog  a drink and some plants I ran to my mum and gave her the  plants she took them home for me  because I had a lot  of things.

 It was hard to look around and look after the stall but we figured it out at the end. 
I walked around for a bit then went back to the stall and there was a line of people waiting to have a turn.
The things that I got were plushys, girlguide biscuits, and a hotdog. I saw Hunter, Casey, Riley and Nixon. People were sitting on the seats waiting for people to come to their stalls.

I smelt smoke from the hangi that people had. The hangi cooked and cooked until after lunch there was a huge line on the field behind the hangi .People were walking back with their hangi me and Hunter saw my mum and brothers. The hangi was in a hole on the field.
The hangi had lots of yummy bits like meat carrots and potatoes. Some of the food was hard to chew and some wasn’t.  It was  a yummy hangi . Oliva Long, Casey, Braiden, Mrs Bullen ate it in class. The hangi was put in a little tray. Some of the hangi was hot. Some was warm.

Me and Hunter  helped pack up the thing that we used for our stall  we put it back under Hunters bag then went and got the table .
We saw older boys throwing the targets around. We went and picked them up and took them back to Room 5. We saw some on the ground we picked them up then and put it in the bag underneath Hunter’s bag.  We looked around and saw everyone playing like when it’s a normal lunch time. So we played until the bell rang.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
 The market day was awesome!  
By Tremaine Quinn


                                MAKETE KAI
  Yay!  It’s   finally the   makete kai.
I can’t   wait to sell my fudge with my mum. After I brushed my teeth and got in my school uniform then mum and I went to school. Mrs Bullen called the roll.
Mum helped  set up my stall as I went to ask Mrs NanKeville if  I could help my mum set up my stall instead of  organising the mini maps . Mrs Nanceville said “ýes that’s fine.”
I was very excited I felt I could scream but I won’ because I would get told off by Mrs Bullen and my mum .
Finally it was time for the MAKETE KAI  to start.
Woohoo! My fudge sold out in about seven minutes.
Then mum had to work in the hall because Mrs Winters needed help with the food selling because she was the only one doing it.

I got a friendship bracelet and a lucky dip. I had lots of fun.
Marika 

No comments:

Post a Comment